The Glyders Adventure is a classic guided hike over Glyder Fawr (1001m) and Glyder Fach (994m) set in Snowdonia.
Set overlooking the Ogwen Valley both of these mountains are famous for their significant rock formations at their summits including the Cantilever Stone. It is a truly mind boggling and beautiful place to explore and experience.
The route is approximately 12km long and includes some steeper rock paths that may require hands on rock in addition to a challenging, but very safe scree path near the top.
We will ascend via the Devils Kitchen and enjoy the views, sights, flower and fauna along the way.
The pace will be steady and group will remain together to ensure safety and plenty of time for snack stops, refreshments and taking pictures!
Friday 30th, Saturday 31st August and Sunday 1st September.
For those travelling a long way:
- Arrive Friday evening and stay in accommodation provided.
- Saturday morning early breakfast then day on the mountain.
- Saturday evening celebratory meal in local pub.
- Sunday breakfast in café and depart.
More local customers may wish to meet us for the guided mountain hike only without accommodation.
For those who wish to stay on the Friday and Saturday night we have beds booked in a 5 star hostel (shared rooms and comfy beds!) that is truly excellent and located ideally for the mountains and proximity to pub and café!
Difficulty Level:- Level 2
Our difficulty levels are graded as:-
- Level 1:- Suitable for those who have never been on a mountain before.
- Level 2:- Suitable for those who have been on a mountain before and understand the fitness demands on a long day with plenty of walking up hill and steps.
- Level 3:- Strenuous day out, must have good level of fitness for hiking for a whole day and been on several mountains before.
To book your place and enquire about costs please contact [email protected].
This adventure is limited to 8 persons plus the Mountain Guide. This is to ensure all members receive quality attention and support throughout the day while ensuring group safety is paramount at all times.
Kit list is supplied once booking is made which will detail specific, essential and compulsory equipment that is needed.